Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Subtle Changes

I woke up gently with the sun this morning (Day Four) at 6am, a full thirty minutes before my alarm was due. I stretched, rolled over and thought:

"Holy &$*%! Did I sleep through the night?"

Yes, for the first time I can remember, I slept straight through. I didn't wake up repeatedly and struggle to get back to sleep. Coincidence or pattern? It's too early to tell. We shall see.

There have been other changes, too - subtle yet pretty powerful to me. My digestion (not to put too fine a point on it) has normalized, and my pants DO seem a bit looser. My skin seems to look better as well; one of my friends mentioned that my face looked different ... better.

(Granted, J peered at me for a long time before declaring: "I don't see it." But. Still.)

Food's been fine. I tried a couple of new things. I had the scary rice/pecan/gluten-free bread, toasted with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter. And you know what? It was pretty freaking good! I also tried quinoa, which I made into a pilaf according to instructions in The Joy of Cooking. I used the fresh vegetable stock I made the other night, and a bit of minced garlic, to add flavor.

Emotional stuff is still ongoing. I'm noticing that people seem more "attracted" to me - as if I'm being more open. I'm getting a lot of social invitations. I may go into the whole "emotional detox" thing more later in the week, but I don't have the energy tonight.

I tried to hike tonight, but my busted feet said, "Uh....no." So, I'm staying in and resting, even though it's perfect hiking weather. Gotta learn how to let go...

No comments:

Post a Comment