Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Quantum Wellness Cleanse

Okay, this is the book I'm using for my vegan cleanse: Kathy Freston's Quantum Wellness Cleanse.

This is, apparently, the Cleanse that Oprah did a while back. I don't watch Oprah. But I hear she's awesome.

Anyhow, I've been dealing with some diagnoses lately (nothing serious) that I've read could be caused by certain foods. Theory is that if you eliminate those foods, the symptoms will go away. But since you don't know which foods match up to which symptoms, you have to eliminate them ALL AND LET GOD SORT IT OUT!

Or something.

I was a little overwhelmed by all the choices of "cleanses" and such out there, and I didn't have much luck designing a program of my own. That's when my friend Risey dropped this on my desk.

At its heart, this is a pretty simple program: get rid of everything. It seems that way at least. For 21 days you get no meat, milk, eggs, gluten (which is in everything, apparently), caffeine, sugar or alcohol. After that, I can add things back slowly to see what affects me.

The book's divided into 21 days and each day includes not only deeper information about the diet and why you're doing this, but meditations and visualizations. This cleanse is part of Freston's larger idea of "Quantum Wellness", which uses diet, exercise, self-work, meditation, etc., etc. to help you be a happier person.

And Lord, do I want to be a happier person.

I actually like the exercises, because it gives me something to do every day instead of cry about the food I can't have.

There are lots of recipes and a grocery list, too.

It seems straightforward and simple to follow, even if the diet itself may not be. She makes no promises of great cures achieved, though she clearly believes you'll feel better if you do this for three weeks.

We'll see. I can do anything for three weeks. Right?


No comments:

Post a Comment