Monday, August 10, 2009

Day Two and More Drama

So, let's start off with what I had to eat today. I obviously had a lot of snacks, to stave off hunger since it was my first "real" day on the Cleanse. Still, I landed around 1400 calories all told, which means I will definitely end up losing weight if I keep this up every day. We'll see.

Today's menu:

Breakfast - 1 cup steel-cut oatmeal, 1 cup soy milk, 1 small banana
Lunch (provided) - 1 cup split pea soup, and 1 cup (or so) mixed, cut-up fruit
Snacks (spread through day) - small banana, 1 1/2 tbls. hummus with cherry tomatoes and carrots, 1 oz. cashews
Dinner - 1 cup pinto beans

I didn't have brown rice as planned with dinner because I was hungry and tired and couldn't be bothered. I didn't get quite enough veggies, but that was partly because I forgot I was going to be at a seminar over lunch where food would be provided. Fortunately, they'd pre-ordered some vegetarian-friendly meals, and they set aside the one that fit my needs best - soup and a fruit salad. Not perfect, but better than a sharp stick in the eye.

I didn't really feel hungry, and I didn't feel deprived. The food is, actually, pretty good.

Today's drama:

Continuing yesterday's theme, I ended up with broken heart (stupid guys) and self-esteem issues that I would normally have deadened with food. But hummus and cherry tomatoes don't exactly have the same effect. I hope this eases up, because I don't think I can take the constant 'testing' I'm feeling now.

Worst, though, was that two of my good friends actually expressed doubt to me that I could do this. One said, "You'll be crying for steak within a week" - a sentiment the other basically repeated (in not so many words).

Well. Fine. Thanks for your support.

Bitches.

I responded to the crazy with another long hike this afternoon. Looks like that will be my panacea during this Cleanse.

2 comments:

  1. Grrrl ... The Crazy is Only Beginning! It will get easier, but the first 10 days could be emotive detox so be prepared. I TOTALLY feel your pain and I have gone through it with every cleanse to lesser and greater degrees. But, you can TOTALLY do this! And you will begin to feel SO amazing! I Promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I keep holding on to all the good things you told me I could expect from this. It's actually helping me cope.

    ReplyDelete